Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone



So, it's Christmas evening and everyone in my house is tucked in to bed after a wonderful day filled with good food, wonderful gifts and lots of laughter. My favorite memories... hearing the girls squeel at the new wii from Gramma and Grampa; seeing the joy of a new sewing machine for the girls from Mama J and Papa J; bread pudding; an airplane ticket from my hubby so I can spend a long weekend with my sister in Florida; a perfectly cooked prime rib; a house full of people I love; knowing that because Christ sent His son into my world, I am His child for eternity.

I tend to forget to look at the big picture of life. Instead, I get bogged down in the trivial day-to-day details that don't really matter (is the house clean enough? are my clothes cute enough? does my family appreciate all I do for them? did I recycle my trash properly?) I forget to enjoy each and every moment with my girls. I forget that someday the girls will be grown and gone. I want to soak them up and pour myself in to them. I want to love my husband UNselfishly. I want to love him above all the "things" in my life that don't matter. I want to respect and adore him every moment I live. I know that all these things are possible when I put my trust in my Heavenly Father. Christmas is my wake-up call... I cannot let another moment go by that is wasted. It's time to Celebrate a New Year! It's time to commit to loving others more than I love myself.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Excellent observations! There's hope for our children. Keep up the good work.

PapaJ