So, we are having some technical difficulties in our life lately. We spent a day without cell phone service. It's amazing how scary that felt. I rely on constant communication...or at least the option of constant communication.My sweet hubby has done such a great job getting us set up to have free TV. Cable has been gone for awhile. With our new digital antennae and DVR, there are so many extra channels...we have been living the good life. Until, this weekend. The DVR quit working. We now have to sit through commercials, we have to watch our shows right when they are airing...life is rough. What was that I said about loving the option of "constant communication"?
To top it off, I have given up facebook, cold turkey. My sister-in-law was my inspiration. She likes her privacy and thought it took up too much time. I, on the other hand, don't mind revealing the minutia of my day-to-day, constantly communicating! But...facebook was becoming an all consuming project. I tend to go all out when I do something. (Hmmm...perhaps I could address that in a separate post someday.) Anyway, I am done. Will I miss connecting with all those people? Maybe some of them. Will I miss out on some big news or juicy gossip? Probably.
I sense a theme in my life. I am constantly communicating...but to whom? I haven't missed TV, honestly. I am glad my cell phone is working again, although I like to turn the ringer off more and more. I hear I can just log back in to facebook, like I was never gone. But at the end of the day, my real desire is to sit and talk with my family face-to-face. I want to pick up the phone and hear my sister's voice. What's better than sitting down and writing a letter to someone with a pen and paper? And, to be still and feel God's presence?
I guess constant communication isn't so bad after all.
1 comment:
Good for you for thinking about what you really need to do with your precious time! A simple life, with few channels and no ringing phones is wonderful...
Post a Comment