Monday, March 22, 2010

The Villa on Lava Lane

I feel so blessed to have spent a weekend away with four amazing friends! Joanne so graciously shared her "villa" in Haxtun (northeastern Colorado) for a much needed getaway. We ate so incredibly well... oaty pancakes with carmalized bananas and pecans, garlic rosemary chicken, pastries from Das Mayer and this simple plate of brie, blueberries and crackers was a perfect match with our wine selection (or rum and coke...whichever you prefer!).
This is from my favorite little store The Oak Tree in the little town of Holyoke.
An oasis in the plains! I always come away with little treasures and good snacks.

It wouldn't be a trip to the Villa without a stop at Walmart in Sterling.

No, are not playing Rook... but instead, "Tough 14" or "Rough 13" or "totally frustrating huge stack of cards in my hand at the end of each round and I am going to lose because it is really late at night and we finished a bottle of wine" card game...watch out Jill - I have...well, nothing.

Jessica, Joanne and Laura

No, not my sister...but Cheryl (close enough!).

1 comment:

sara said...

Looks like such fun- and the food sounds wonderful.