Tuesday, June 15, 2010


I am blue. I shouldn't be. It is summer. The rain stopped and the sun is out. Swimming, bike riding, and frolicking can resume. Yet, I sit here overwhelmed by obligations and lists and conflict.
My small group is reading through Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. I am embracing who God created me to be...what it means to a woman...how to know my heart's desires. And the journey is sometimes painful. I am faced with realities about myself that are uncomfortable at times. What a blessing to know that Christ is loving me every step of the way, unconditionally.

"Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

1 comment:

Patrinas Pencil said...

I was given that book by my daughter and I have to say it always made me cry when I tried to read it. So I stopped. a couple of years later, I find out that my daughter couldn't read it either with out crying... hmmm must mean we both need to read it, right? Someday - I hope to actually tackle it and get all the way through. Life is a process and my processor is overwhelmed in this season I find myself in.

I wanted to tell you thanks for the quote. I have loved that quote for so many years - I wanted to share it with another blogger last week and couldn't pull it up to memory. You have given me the gift of rememberance toady :) thank you

God bless you and your family

patrina <")>><
warrior bride in boots