Monday, May 2, 2011

NO NEW STUFF 30-DAY CHALLENGE

We are taking the challenge! We are committed to begin this 30 day "material fast". We will buy essentials like groceries, medications, etc. But no new STUFF! The money we "save" from not buying stuff, will then be donated or used for a special project...not sure which quite yet.

The girls were a bit distressed at first, but are gradually seeing the rational behind the fast. We were prompted by our friend Linden to take the challenge. Today, I had to exchange some shirts at the mall for my tweenager (wrong size purchased before the fast began...I had to remind myself to avoid window shopping and avoid temptation.

We are trying to avoid eating out also. This is not that difficult since we don't eat out much anyway. I did treat the girls to frozen yogurt...but refuse to buy Shrinky Dink supplies until June!

No comments: