We did it~the Material Fast is over...maybe!?
Our kids managed and were not deprived…maybe a little, but oh, what character it built!!! Even though we are done, we haven't gone on any shopping sprees, and don't plan to. I don't have the desire. I want new clothes, but plan to alter/embellish the old ones (at least until I lose quite a bit more weight).I am eager to make more gifts, since I love to create. The hours not spent shopping are well used in our abundantly stocked basement craft studio! When I create, I am using the gifts God gave me.
I did end up buying perennials and veggie plants for the garden...and broke down and purchased a composter. Probably could have waited until June for the latter, but...anyway!
For whatever reason, I have couch-issues. I tend to change couches often. They are typically used couches, so I am not spending much money. I think we are happy with our couches for the moment. This was one we got rid of at a garage sale several years ago. It's matching love seat has been recovered in floral and now resides at my folks house!
This will be the first year I don't have a garage sale. For the past decade I end up loading the driveway with our junk for two glorious summer days. We settled into the basement and don't have a lot of excess. I have taken small loads to Goodwill and pawned off some bigger items on my sister!
The big question now is "what kind of garage sale shopping sprees will I have this summer?" (eek!)
No comments:
Post a Comment