Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunflowers and Snakes





The clock must be off on Blogspot or my computer. It says I posted the dog photos at 6:38 am, but it is really 8:16 am. Hmmm? Anyway, Our sunflowers are about 7 feet tall now. I am amazed by this because we only planted them into 10 inches of soil! What does this say about a sunflower? Our tomato plants are doing fairly well. They look sickly, but are producing a lot of delicious tomatoes. G has fallen in love with gardening. She spent a couple of hours this past weekend tending to the garden. I think we will have to plant more next spring. She loves to eat what she grows, so this could be a great opportunity to try some new and interesting veggies next year! We had success with lettuce, radishes, carrots (although very tiny), two corn stalks... and some stuff we could never identify that never produced veggies? So we threw it over the back fence to feed the huge bunny population- which might I add, feeds the Bull Snakes that live out there! We had a four foot bull snake several weeks ago and then its baby not long afterward. The photo is Dad flinging the baby snake out of the yard with a frisbee. That was an exciting afternoon! Gotta love
God's creation!

No comments: