Tuesday, July 28, 2009

15 Minute Exercise Challenge

My sister and I are challenging each other to incorporate more exercise into our daily routine... real exercise, not just cleaning house or lugging groceries and calling it "exercise". We are committing to 15 minutes of exercise, at least 5 times a week. We are also committing to eliminating certain foods from our diet like white flour and sugar (those really are not "food" anyway!). We are going to see what kind of results we can get in one month. So, I am posting this for you all to see...and for her to see and hold me accountable. This picture is horrid, but it motivates me to follow through with this challenge. This may be too much info for all of you, but the more people holding me accountable the better!

Isn't that a lovely shot of me on our recent camping trip? Don't get me wrong; I know I am a beautiful creation but, really, I think God wants me to have a healthier body. I promote taking care of God's earth, but forget that he created me too...

2 comments:

joelle said...

I LOVE YOU! You are my wacky seester. I love your vulnerability and it is prompting me to "thik" about a similar post of my own...perhaps by tonight I'll have it up and running. You always make me laugh and smile...we're going to get this thing done...I miss you...

Colleen said...

You are a beautiful creation, and good for you for wanting to become a healthier one, too. I'm cheering you on!