Saturday, July 18, 2009

Camping at Golden Gate Canyon

We spent a night camping, not too far from our house, at Golden Gate Canyon. It was true camping except for we had a cabin instead of a tent. The cabins don't have kitchens, bathrooms or any running water. We went with my sister, her boys and my parents. Oh, and my dogs, of course. This is my sister with my daughter G.
Preston eats breakfast with A, and my nephews. This table cloth has is one we have used for camping for over 30 years. I remember using it when we camped at the Oregon coast when I was younger than my kids. I recall picking fresh blackberries for breakfast, rafting in the river, the old VW van...

Here, Papa J is teaching G to start a fire. She never wants to be a Girl Scout, so she gets all her outdoor survival training from us. I guess she needs some "indoor survival" training, too. What exactly is that anyway? I have such great memories of camping. I hope to pass this love on to my kids!




No comments: