Thursday, May 20, 2010

...how does your garden grow?

We planted our garden...sunflowers, radishes, beans, chives, tomatoes, basil, watermelon, squash, carrots, zucchini, flowers and a bunch of other stuff I cannot remember. The strawberries and mint came back beautifully. I planted the week before Mother's Day and then came two weeks of uncertain weather...including sNoW! Needless to say, after much hovering and covering, most of what I planted is sprouting. It brings joy to my heart to see the hearty little leaves push through the dirt. I can close my eyes and envision it in full bloom. I can taste the warm red tomato fresh off the vine. I can smell the fresh lime basil rubbed between my fingers (and then made into one of Tina's famous basil martini's...). I am off to give it all a drink of water. I feel so blessed by the gifts from Above. God is so good! Have a blessed day of your own...

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Yay! I love to see the sprouting.

I wish we could go thrifting sometime, too. I think we'd be quite a pair.