Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Reward


Nine weeks ago I joined Weight Watchers. My friend Kari was going and I thought I would give it another try. Today I reached (and surpassed) my first goal...5%!!! Last month, I committed to holding off buying a new purse until I reached that goal ~ my reward. Well, here we are...but it's May...and I am not buying any new stuff. After a discussion with my husband, we agreed that this was possibly an expense outside the realm of the "material fast". Or was it? Kari and I shopped today at TJMAXX and Goodwill; just looking, no buying. It felt great!!! I really don't know what kind of purse I want. I do know it needs to be good qualilty, a fun color and reasonably priced. I really want a handmade purse, a unique creation. So, I will wait. Perhaps I will find one at the Market next month?! More on that adventure tomorrow...

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal and waiting to buy something celebratory!