
I have taken a week off of facebook in order to get in the habit of reading God's Book before computer time. I have managed to get a bit more into the Word. Thanks to my dear sister-in-law and brother-in-law I am enjoying a magazine subscription to Today's Christian Woman from Christianity today where he works. A must read if you are a Christian woman...today. And this months highlight is an interview with Kate of John & Kate Plus 8, one of our family's favorite TV shows. Their book Multiple Blessings was great by the way!
With out facebook I have had more time to hang out with my kids and hubby, catch up on laundry and take down 99% of the Christmas decor. My friend Sherry prompted me to post some of my favorite scripture on my facebook posts and see what happens. I am just having so much more fun in blog-land! Some many ideas...
I wanted to share some movie "suggestions":
*Juno* was so touching and not at all what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised.
*Simon Birch* continues to be one of my favorites. A beautiful movie on so many levels.
*No Country for Old Men* I suggest you skip it altogether. Horrible flick. Cannot believe it won any awards.
*Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog * was hilarious. My hubby hated it and he has a great sense of humor, so maybe I was just really tired while watching it. If you like Monty Python-ish movies, B-movies, indies, etc. you will love this. We got it in a gift exchange at Christmas. Thanks Mike and Ali!
I wanted to share some movie "suggestions":
*Juno* was so touching and not at all what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised.
*Simon Birch* continues to be one of my favorites. A beautiful movie on so many levels.
*No Country for Old Men* I suggest you skip it altogether. Horrible flick. Cannot believe it won any awards.
*Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog * was hilarious. My hubby hated it and he has a great sense of humor, so maybe I was just really tired while watching it. If you like Monty Python-ish movies, B-movies, indies, etc. you will love this. We got it in a gift exchange at Christmas. Thanks Mike and Ali!
*Thou Shalt Laugh 2* We are part way through it and my hubby and I laughed so much with Dan Nainan and Victoria Jackson. Thank God for clean humor!
Daily plea for advice: Can anyone help me figure out how I can insert images into my post text instead of the images all ending up at the beginning of my text? Help, please...I am a frustrated newbie.
1 comment:
Good for you for putting God first! The computer is such a crazy addiction! But you are right- blogland is so very fun!
Post a Comment